New Volunteer Training
Interested in becoming a CASA volunteer? We need you!
Before a CASA volunteer is sworn in by the judge, they are required to complete 30 hours of training lead by Child Advocates' staff. Training sessions are held weekdays, evenings, or weekends depending on the availability of the current applicants. Training is held several times a year and are rotated between weekday, evening, and Saturday classes. An application must be filled out prior to training so that background and reference checks can be completed as well as an interview.
OCTOBER 2013 New CASA Volunteer Training Dates:
- Saturday, October 5: 9:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
- Monday, October 7: 5:00 p.m. - 9:00 p.m.
- Wednesday, October 9: 5:00 p.m. - 9:00 p.m.
- Tuesday, October 15: 5:00 p.m. - 9:00 p.m.
- Thursday, October 17: 9:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.
DECEMBER 2013 New CASA Volunteer Training Dates:
- Saturday, December 7: 9:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
- Saturday, December 14: 9:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
- Monday, December 16: 5:00 p.m. - 9:00 p.m.
- Tuesday, December 17: 8:00 a.m. - 3:00 p.m.
*All training sessions are held at our office on 808 Austin, Wichita Falls, TX
Call 766-0552 to apply/register or to inquire about future trainings.