Child Advocates Statistics
Every 8 minutes, a Child in Texas is abused or neglected
In 2012, 647 children in Archer, Clay, Montague and Wichita counties were confirmed victims of abuse or neglect.
Child Advocates FY 2012 Statistics
- Provided advocacy for 324 abused & neglected children in our four-county region
- 183 of those children served last year were younger than 11 years old
- Volunteers completed almost 5,000 hours of service
- Volunteers drove over 30,000 miles visiting children
Child Advocates General Statistics
- Child Advocates has 4 full-time Case Supervisors
- Our annual budget is approximately $400,000
- Our expenses include cost of volunteer recruitment, training, and supervison
- On average about 86% of our budget is utlized for program expenses, with the remaining 14% utilized for administrative and fundraising expenses
Local Facts on Child Abuse
- In Wichita county 1 out of every 50 children are confirmed victims of abuse or neglect, an alarming number compared to the Texas statewide average of 1 out of every 95 children (CPS Data Book)
- In Montague county 1 out of every 55 children are confirmed victims of abuse or neglect
- In Clay county 1 out of every 77 children are confirmed victims of abuse or neglectIn
- In Archer county 1 out of every 370 children are confirmed victims of abuse or neglect
National Facts on Child Abuse (based on most recent data available)
- An average of five children die every day in our nation as a result of abuse and neglect, 80% of them are under 4 years old.
- In 2012, there were more than 900,000 children who were abused or neglected.
- A child is abused or neglected every 45 seconds.
- 3% of sexual abuse perpetrators were parents, 75% were friends or relatives.